hi

1.04.2012

BYU, take II

This was the first day of my first semester at the Y, back in August.



"Teddy got run over on the freeway
Drivin' down to Provo School Year's Eve,
You may say there's no way that it happened,
But as for me and my bear, [MY BEAR AND I]
We believe."


It was a traumatizing experience, having my beloved bear and well-worn pillow fly out of the back of my truck.
Shout out to my amazing mother who happened upon them days later and risked her life for my sentimental well-being. Props to ya.


Semester two, day one has consisted of:



* finding out my new spinning instructor is the Steve in Steve & Jess, a blog I regularly stalk. Having your instructor introduce himself and already knowing about everything from his family in Washington to the new puppy he just bought....awkward level:  7


* checking out a very attractive, ...shoot...very married peer.....adultery level: 1


* sitting through 13 minutes of a physics 220 class and then realizing it was, in fact, not BIO 100.......awkward level:  4


* a professor in a jedi cloak calling us padowans...what the..what the cuss is a padowan?....turning off the lights and singing "The Circle of Life"......geek level: 11 .....awkward level: 5.......entertainment level: 6.


*  getting an interview for something I'm majorly excited about (details to come if all goes well!)......awesome level: 12



And yes, I am now one of six children in the library on the first day of school.
What about it.



"Think about your particular assignment at this time in your life.  It may be to get an education, it may be to rear children, it may be to be a grandparent, it may be to care for and relieve the suffering of someone you love, it may be to do a job in the most excellent way possible, it may be to support someone who has a difficult assignment of their own.  Our assignments are varied and they change from time to time.  Don't take them lightly.  Give them your full heart and energy.  Do them with enthusiasm.  Do whatever you have to do this week with your whole heart and soul. To do less than this will leave you with an empty feeling."

-- Marjorie Pay Hinkley

4 comments:

kylee said...

oh my craaaazy that your teacher is steve from that blog! is it not the weirdest thing when you see blog people in real life? the worst part is you never find the appropriate moment to walk up and introduce yourself as the girl who stalks their life. i have yet to find the courage to do such a thing. instead i just watch from afar thinking about all the random things i know about them. story of my life: checking out the hott married guys. i have learned to look for rings immediately upon spotting a handsome one. i want in on this jedi class. ahhh i also want in on the interview details asap! and gosh i loved that post. sometimes i get so caught up in the business of school that i forget to appreciate it. i forget that someday i'll be married & a mother and the college life will be in my past. i vow to enjoy my last few semesters entirely and put forth my best effort. consider this the end of my overly long comment.

Kylee Noelle {the blog} said...

bahaha this post was hilarious. But not the bear part. That was pure sadness.

Jessica Holly said...

Let's be friends :)

Paige Andy said...

Yes Jessica, let's. Because you're adorable.