hi

3.25.2013

sunday.




"Sometimes in life we become so focused on the finish line that we fail to find joy in the journey. I don’t go cycling with my wife because I’m excited about finishing. I go because the experience of being with her is sweet and enjoyable.



Doesn’t it seem foolish to spoil sweet and joyful experiences because we are constantly anticipating the moment when they will end?


Do we listen to beautiful music waiting for the final note to fade before we allow ourselves to truly enjoy it? No. We listen and connect to the variations of melody, rhythm, and harmony throughout the composition.


Do we say our prayers with only the “amen” or the end in mind? Of course not. We pray to be close to our Heavenly Father, to receive His Spirit and feel His love.  


We shouldn’t wait to be happy until we reach some future point, only to discover that happiness was already available—all the time! Life is not meant to be appreciated only in retrospect."

-- President Uchtdorf



Sunday dinner at my uncle's ranch makes for rich food and richer conversation.
My family are people of the land.  Good, honest, hard-working people.
The best kind of people.

And I always find my answers there.
there.
in the land.





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it a wonderful place to be? Sad we weren't there to enjoy it with you!

Shelby said...

this was such a lovely post. i couldn't agree more.

Selene Over the Pond said...

adorable blog! <3