hi

1.29.2014

in which I say nothing of importance but what else is new.

 photo IMG_2163.jpg


 My eccentric TESOL practicum professor, Dr. Anderson, with his shiny, balding noggin and tufts of gray hair puffing just over his ears….. he’s just so lovely.  Every day he wears a bow tie.  Today it had a fox on it.  Teachers like him give me hope for our educational system – competent, gifted, passionate teachers.  Sometimes when I'm down on myself I picture his face perking up as he bounces on the balls of his feet, exclaiming, “Yes! That’s brilliant!”  as he is wont to do after any comment made in class.  I wish I could keep him in my pocket. 

I am on a hunt for a worthwhile pistachio macaroon.  They're incredibly elusive. I even dreamed about it last week.  I know when I find perfect one I'm just going to want to give life a fist bump to the face and then buy all of them. So, probably I will.



When I go to Swig I often get a shot of mango puree in lieu of the habitual coconut and it’s like I don’t even know who I am anymore.

The only music I've listened to since July is The Killer's Battle Born album and One Direction's Midnight Memories.  HATERS GONNA HATE. but really have you listened to this song ? it's so 80s.

 photo IMG_0680_zps01288589.jpg

Friend: "You just really like the gray scale, don't you?"   If I'm blacked out I'm likely in a fantastic mood. If I'm wearing neon, I'm most likely depressed out of my mind.  It's a pretty consistent indicator.  #neutralsaremysteez

Urban Decay's Naked Foundation +  Nars Sheer Glow Foundation = finally found a formula that matches my skin tone, type, and gives medium coverage while looking sheer. UGH I'M OBSESSED. (favorite beauty vloggers herehere, and unsurprisingly here.)

 photo IMG_9014_zpse9928a19.jpg

My service-oriented roommate previously has folded my clean laundry and stacked it neatly on my bed -- on several occasions! not just once! more than once!  it's just the sweetest surprise to come home to after a gray day and I'm so lucky to live with the people I do.

 As I was searching the archives of Natalie's blog, I found this description a friend had written about her. And I thought, if I could write a bio about myself, but not as myself, but as a friend of mine, and I was really insightful, this is what I (as my friend) would write about me.  you know?

"Natalie is totally into strong female role models and is one herself. She is professional, courteous, well-accomplished and ever beautiful to the world, though behind the scenes, hopelessly flawed, concerned about every single freaking thing on the planet, stubborn, and at times adorably mistaken. Nat has a giant, vulnerable, passionate heart and is overly in love with whipped cream."


bye.

(so eloquent these days)







No comments: