hi

2.22.2013

winter is hard.

every year I tell myself I won't suffer from seasonal depression.
that I won't be so miserable trudging through january that I just about forget why I'm even here.
every year I tell myself, "next year I'll remember that the spring always comes."
and every year I forget.
and the gray gets to me.

that's why it's okay to wear a high pony 6 days in a row.
and cozy cowl-neck sweaters for 4. 



 winter is hard.
that's why it's okay to save money by going to the dollar theater
and spend $6.00 on a junior popcorn.
it's okay.
it's also okay to do your eyebrows a little too bold for you face.
cause. you know, it's winter, and IT'S OKAY. 



and finally
it's okay to go to red mango and get the same thing you always do
(coconut with cheesecake bites)
and sob with your best friend about changes.

she's getting married.

and it's okay.

.......................................


I need you spring.



5 comments:

Ali said...

Add some fruity pebbles (I know, sounds crazy) to that coconut/cheesecake combo and you have pure heaven.

courtneykearns said...

I LITERALLY GET THAT SAME COCONUT/CHEESECAKE BITES EVERY TIME I GO TO RED MANGO!! twins.

Shelby said...

i am the exact same when it comes to winter. i have actually been doing ok this winter. it isn't as bad as it usually is, but every time it snows i feel myself slipping a little. love this post. it really is ok to do those things. to just find happiness in the little things.

Peri Adams said...

your blog is my favorite to read. just sayin'.

Haylee said...

I'm backwards and get depression in the warmer seasons (weird I know) but I just have to say that I completely understand. It sucks but girl you're almost through it! A few more weeks. Also can I just say that I am IN LOVE W/ YOUR BLOG. Definitely your newest follower (and no I don't tell everyone that. ha I only follow blogs that I really like just for the record. :) But ya, I hope that you keep blogging because your awesome and you like coconut Fro up (my absolute favorite kind!) so that makes you even more awesome.